Once in a while in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale… And what better way to celebrate you and your partner’s magic other than a beautiful outdoor wedding?
After years of being involved in the eventing business, Tentickle have come to have a close relationship with everything wedding related. We can help you plan your perfect day by offering a range of elegant stretch marquee tents to choose from – which can be pitched in virtually any space at any time of the year.
There’s just something indescribable about an outdoor wedding: the incomparable beauty of a rocky ocean shore, an exceptionally romantic botanical garden, the heartwarming familiarity of your own backyard. Outdoor weddings are without equal and an all time favorite way to entertain and celebrate with guests, but they also bear potential challenges and if not planned perfectly – it can lead to some not-so-great memories.
We have taken the first step for you and put together a list of 10 tips to keep in mind when planning an outdoor wedding… specifically one that will be held under a tent.
- Additional stretch tent hire – If your venue of choice isn’t near a building where your waiting staff, caterers, etc. can keep their belongings, change, use the restroom and prep for their duties you might have to consider hiring a separate, smaller, tent or two. You will also need to consider your band and vendor needs. You should mask these smaller tents behind a solid side wall or draped wall of the main tent to camouflage them from your guests experience.
- Enjoy the decorating – drape fabrics from the tents ceiling to soften the space.The more you bring into your tent, the cosier it will feel. Every bit of additional detail will enhance your weddings individual design. Be sure to set an exceptionally unique vibe! Do keep in mind that things like floral arrangements shouldn’t be in direct sunlight for more than an hour before guests arrive.
- Set the mood with the perfect lighting – Additions like paper lanterns, twinkling fairy lights or remarkable chandeliers can really help bring in that romantic atmosphere the perfect wedding requires. Don’t forget to light up walkways for easy access to the restrooms. Be sure to have decent lighting for both your guests and vendors departure. If you were looking to make use of candles or any other open flames – luckily a Tentickle stretch tent is constructed from our unique, scientifically tested fire-resistant fabric! Note: ‘Fire-resistant’ means just that. Always keep open flames from making direct contact with the fabric.
- Prevent a power surge – You will want to have an electrician inspect the space before lighting up your tent. They should be able to make suggestions as to whether you will need to rent an extra generator and how to safely secure your lighting fixtures. You won’t want a blackout during your reception now would you…
- Book enough time – Remember to reserve your wedding site for the morning after the reception as well. Your team will need extra time to tear down the site.
- Prevent unwelcome crawlers – In some areas it is of the utmost importance that you have a professional company come in and spray to keep the bugs away. Or they can mist the site with a yard guard product before your wedding. Just to be safe, make use of some citronella candles as part of the decor.
- No matter the weather – If you live in a part of the country that enjoys summer rains remember that Tentickle tents are also completely weatherproof, which means they will protect those inside from extremes of both heat and cold, while remaining 100% waterproof. In very warm regions we suggest bringing in fans and portable air conditioning units.
- Be realistic about your budget – Yes, tented weddings can be more cost effective than inclusive indoor venue events, but they can also require some additional rentals that indoor weddings do not. In addition to the extras mentioned above, you might even have to rent one or two complete bar set-ups.
- Invest in a decent dancefloor – A designated dancefloor can make a world of difference when it comes to partying it up with your loved ones till the early morning hours. A designated dance floor will get your guests in the mood to shimmy it up, without worrying about heels getting stuck in the grass or ruining their shoes.
And that brings us to our last tip of the day…
- Consider the flooring – You might want to add floor surfaces to correct uneven grounds. This can help prevent a number of late night accidents, especially when the booze starts kicking in.
Tentickle wedding tents perfects year round outdoor weddings. We have a wide range of pitching styles, colors and layouts for you to choose from. Tentickle stretch tents offer, not just a beautifully designed tent, but versatility and protection from the elements. If you want to find out more about using one of our beautiful tents, simply get in touch and one of our experts will be in contact.
Our wedding tents make dreams come true…